Entry Requirements for International Students
The table below is a guideline for the minimum entry requirements to mainstream classes at John Paul College following a successful interview with the relevant Head of School.
|Direct Entry to John Paul College||CEFR||AEAS||Cambridge for School||IELTS|
|Direct Entry Year Ten||C1||75+ (SS Test)||B2 First for Schools: Grade A||6.5+|
|Direct Entry Year Nine||B2+||75+ (MS Test)||B2 First for Schools: Grade B||6+|
|Direct Entry Year Seven or Eight||B1+||70+ (MS Test)||B1 Preliminary for Schools: Merit / Grade B||5.5+|
- Students who do not meet the entry requirements for mainstream classes at John Paul College are tested on arrival for placement in the John Paul International College
High School Preparation Program (CRICOS: 0100089)
- Students are then allocated a class according to their placement test results. To progress to the next class, students must attain the appropriate bandscales set by the College.
- Students have continuous assessments throughout the term to produce a final report at the end of term.
- Students are assessed in each of the language macroskills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, as well as Maths and Science.
- Progression to John Paul College is dependent upon successful completion of the John Paul International College Preparation Course and an interview with the relevant Head of School.